Monday, March 13, 2006

Historic Day

Yesterday was a historic day. The outbreak that occurred was absolutely fascinating to watch. I would like to extend my condolences to the families of the people that were killed and to the people that lost property. Missouri just kept getting wave after wave of pretty discreet thunderstorms that were all rotating and dropping tornadoes. Most of the initiation was occurring in Eastern Kansas and rolling into Missouri where the conditions were outstanding for tornado production. I stayed in Eastern Kansas and witnessed the initiation of a bunch of storms. Everyone of them had at least light rotation and wall clouds of some sort. I did not chase any of them but rather just let them roll over me. I had a sick family and had to stay close to home to help out. As of this post, the SPC has a preliminary count of 113 tornadoes touching down and at least 6 deaths. The pics below are all from Franklin County and all are cells that were just initiating. Click to enlarge.
























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home