Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Holy Crap It's March!!

Well here it is, Wednesday, March 1st. Alas the annals of spring are virtually upon us. This is an exciting time for me because of the anticipation of future events. This weekends pseudo event looks to be fading a bit. As of today, my bet would be the Texas Panhandle for any real isolated super cell events that might drop or tornado. Here in Kansas, I am just expecting a rain event that honestly is really needed. We are very dry here and in real need of a good soaking. The last thing I want is a drought up here. The best case scenario is for Texas and Oklahoma to get drenched over the next 6 weeks so that when the Gulf really opens up in late April and May the moisture will be able to make it to Kansas instead of being sucked up by the sun baked earth in the lower states. I believe that was a contributing factor last year to the overall down year in the plains. All I know is that a green Texas and Oklahoma send a lot of moisture to Kansas with the all to lovely southerly flow.

I think I am getting into this a little early though. I had a dream last night that I was parked in Emporia, KS on the south side of a stalled warm front with a 995 low heading toward me from Salina. It was 88 degrees and the dp was 77. The dry line was approaching and the CU field was exploding overhead. Winds at the surface were out of the SSE at 25 and my adrenaline was already pumping. Oh well, if I was able to sleep any longer and continue the dream, I am sure the cap would of held and it would have been a bust. Then I would have had to been told why other chasers knew it was a bust day and why they didn't chase (cough, cough).

That is it for today. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home