Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Clouds, Clouds, Go Away!

Let me make this real simple for you, if the clouds don't leave........stay home today. Well, maybe that is a little too simple - but entirely relevant. Surface obs show TD's heading north into the mid 50's already and the winds are south to southeast. This is definitely a hit or complete miss type of day. These are the type of days that if one chooses to chase and it pans out then you are a genius, but if the cloud cover holds on too long and the cape doesn't develop then it was just a sight seeing event for you. I am in the camp of if there is a 2% or higher chance of tors, then chase it by all means. Unfortunately, my means are slim today. I am gonna choose tomorrow over today to chase. That should make all the people chasing today very happy. Bank on a isolated untouched supe that is all by itself dropping tubes like they are candy. I will be nowcasting on Stormchaser's and likely for Dick and Darin by phone if they go out today. Good luck to all those chasing today and be safe and please make sure you get good shots of the storms for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home