Monday, March 06, 2006

Waz Up?

Hello again everyone. It is Monday and it is time for an active week on the storm front. As Dick mentioned in my comments section, the SPC doesn't like Tuesday. Oh well, I say screw em'. I think Tuesday is coming together nicely. The only things that are up in the air are the same things that are always up in the air this time of year. Surface moisture and the dreaded CAP. Surface dp's are forecast somewhere between 55 and 60. Those are doable for March and really as good as we saw all of last year. LOL. LCL's are moderately low and if some moisture can pool at the appropriate time and the cap will let go, this could be an awesome isolated super-cellular event. SRH values are good, cape is expected to be good. LI's are good and lapse rates should be there as well. If I were going out tomorrow, I would park my but on the KS/OK border south of Wichita.

Wednesday is looking decent, but I am not sure about the timing of the event. There is also another shot at the end of the week. But I can only concentrate on one event at a time. (Small brain)

I hope Tuesday pans out. I personally like this type of setup. Probably will be few chasers out, and if a storm can fire, it will most likely be isolated and very photogenic. That is my 2 pennies. We will see if I am getting any better at this as tomorrow unfolds. LATER!


EDIT: The SPC has issued a Slight Risk and a 15% hatched for the target area I was talking about above. So, I better take back the "screw em" remark..........nah, screw em' anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home