Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Practicing Studio Photography

I set up a mini studio in my living room a couple of weeks ago and took some shots of the girls. I think they turned out better than I expected for sure. The basic set up was a white plush blanket, the back of a couch, a Canon Rebel XTi 400d, a Canon 580EX II and a lot of patience with the girls. For most of the shots I just bounced the flash off the ceiling to get an even light for the shot. There is one of Alli that is a direct flash shot and one of Sarah that is bounced of the wall to camera right. Pretty simple really. I did the post processing with CS2. Most of the PP was using Gaussian blur on the background, adjusting exposure, saturation and levels. I added the vignette and presto. I had the pictures printed at MPIX.com. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!!! The shipping was done via regular USPS for $4.95 and I received them the next day. WOW!!! The pictures were exactly as I processed them and cropped perfectly. I well never use Walgreen's or Wal-Mart again. Anyway, without further ado, here are some of the pictures I took. Hope you enjoy.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home