Thursday, December 20, 2007

Frustrating......

This will be a short blog 'cuz I plan on a more detailed blog after the 18z model runs come out.

I am feeling frustrated in trying to forecast winter weather. The models are all over place from run to run. And even when they finally agree on a solution, like last weekend's storm, it busts. I feel for the on air mets and the NWS whose job it is to inform the public on upcoming inclement weather. People really rely on their knowledge and expertise to keep them informed. Hard job for sure.

Give me a severe weather setup any day over a winter weather set up. I feel a hell of a lot more confident predicting severe weather, and more specifically tornado potential, than trying to figure out how much it will snow. WOW, it is tough for me.

More later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home