Saturday, December 15, 2007

BUST

Well, I have seen some crazy busts before but the NWS really had there hands full and missed this one. The Heavy Snow Warning I was under never materialized. I can't really blame them because I was seeing most of the same data they were and not until the later runs of the RUC were coming out did it become apparent that we were going to get dry slotted. I just can't figure out why the models didn't pick up on this earlier. I also can't figure out how we get a dry slot in a storm that really wasn't a storm yet. It was just a trough sliding by our area. I am going to go back and look at some things to see what I missed. We do have the comma head swinging through this morning and we could see some snow accumulations from it. I really don't care what we get from this last gasp of snow. After having modelitis for 16 straight days now I am going on a break to recoup and rest up. My prediction of 6.25" in my backyard is obviously not going to happen. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home